Jennifer Silva Redmond
Appearing on The Writing Show
this week, Sunbelt Publications editor-in-chief Jennifer Silva Redmond offers writers great insight from her perspective working the publisher’s side of the business, as well as provides practical solutions to the gaffes too many routinely make soliciting houses for their manuscripts. Among the topics she deftly addresses:
* How to select a publisher to query
* What the difference between a query letter and a proposal is
* How to write a great query (and what not to do)
* How to talk yourself up without being obnoxious
* Why you should adhere to publishers’ guidelines (and what happens when you don’t)
* How long is reasonable to wait for an answer.
An always popular staffer at the SCWC — she’ll be back for SD23 — you can check out the terrific interview here.
Listen and learn!